Enjoy Italy by yacht
The Italy yacht charter holidays with family or friends to discover an ancient sea, plagued by experienced sailors, an unbelievable heritage. It is chock-full of fishing villages, and coastal cities with sea resorts and day beaches, as well as fishing villages, and is easily reachable by vessels large and small.
From North to South, East to West, this mountainous land slopes into the rocky, indented coasts of the Tyrrhenian and Ionian Seas in the west, and toward the softer, sandier shores of the Adriatic in the east. From these seas that wash up upon the “beautiful country” surge two magnificent islands – Sicily and Sardinia, worldwide known for its exclusive Porto Cervo – in addition to numerous tiny archipelagos (as Olbia, Cagliari, La Maddalena, Caprera, Carloforte, etc). These include the Tuscan Archipelago, to which Elba belongs; the Archipelago of the Maddalena in Sardinia; the Campanian Archipelago with Ischia and Capri; and finally the Pontine Islands off the southern shores of Lazio. Between the coasts of Tunisia and Sicily, we also find the Pelagian (Lampedusa) and Aeolian Islands embarking in Milazzo – with two active volcanoes, Stromboli and Vulcano – and the Aegadian Islands, a natural reserve. Last but not least, in Puglia, there are the splendid Islands of Tremiti.
Recommended: The Ultimate Guide for Sailing Holidays in Italy
Get our instant quote for your boat charter in Italy
Few and simple steps to let us find you the perfect Italy yacht rental and your destination, with all the extras you wish. Select the type of vessel(s) you are thinking about, the period and the area(s) you would like to discover during your Italy boat charter. Or just tell us the type of vacation by boat that will better accommodate you and your guest and we will find the yacht for your Italy sailing charter holiday. Just one minute of your time to receive from our team your tailor made solution..
Top Destinations in Italy
From North to South, from East to West, Italy assures you enchanting and memorable sailing, wherever you go. Let’s now talk about the most famous (and the reasons why they are) spots for yacht charters in Italy:
- The Amalfi Coast and Naples , a city with a distinct energy – disorderly yet enchanting, cluttered yet delightful. Rather daunting to the virgin eye, Naples has a way of losing your inhibitions, to present a vibrant and proud culture, with an alluring cordiality. Naples is the gateway to the Amalfi Coast and Capri and the yacht charter hub of southern Italy. The Isle of Capri present a number of the most breathtaking shorelines of the entire Mediterranean Sea.
- A yacht charter in Sardinia, is rather an experience. It is an island of Italy, where the local language is incomprehensible to any or all other Italians. An isle with one of Europe’s most stunning coastlines; it is waters teem with fish; it is golden sands evaporate into oceans of blue; it is rugged mountains are covered with herds of sheep creating cheese so pungent, your palate will never forget.
And Even More Places
Italy Yachting Itineraries
When you rent a boat in Italy, the choices are endless and for sure, endlessly wonderful. In the most common cases, you would opt for the Amalfi Coast, sailing around the islands of Capri and the Naples Gulf. The Aeolian and the Aegadian Islands would be on your sailing itinerary if you decide to discover Sicily. Taormina (North-Eastern side of the Sicilian Coast) and the Emerald Coast (known for Porto Cervo all over the world) would be ideal for a VIP vacation aboard luxurious yachts with jacuzzi and jet-ski.
Don’t miss our suggestions for your sailing itineraries:
Build Your Italy Yacht Rentals Itinerary
To charter a boat in Italy you need a boat license if you drive a boat with an engine over 40.8 HP and when you sail beyond 6 nautical miles from the coast. You must be 18 years old. In Italy you can rent different types of boats:
Do you need a boat license to rent a yacht in Italy?
What type of boat can i rent in Italy?
- catamarans, available for charter with or without skipper;
- luxury yachts with crew;
- sailboats (monohull) in bareboat or skippered;
- gullets for cabin or exclusive charters.
To charter a boat in Italy you need a boat license if you drive a boat with an engine over 40.8 HP and when you sail beyond 6 nautical miles from the coast. You must be 18 years old.
In Italy you can rent different types of boats: