Lefkas also known as Lefkada is a beautiful hilly island located between Italy and the mainland of Greece. “Lefkas” means white and the white rocks on the west coast make for an attractive sight. Therefore, as you are planning for a sailing vacation to this place, here is your much-needed yacht charter guide to Lefkas.
So, let’s begin with the types of vessels you can charter for a languid voyage!
Types of vessels to charter in Lefkas:
- Motor Yachts – Motor yachts are known for their speed, power and luxury. Their USP is to cover a large area within a short time. Motor yachts also offer ample space aboard for accommodation and entertainment facilities. However, most importantly, these types of vessels are equipped with advanced navigational and other communicational system.
- Catamarans – Catamarans on the other hand are wider with dual hulls and offer excellent stability on the waters. With more space and luxury, these vessels are apt for larger groups or families. One can enjoy extravagant amenities along with world class hospitality by the crew. They are great for low fuel expense owing to the fact that they cruise at a speed of 30-40 knots.
- Sailboats – Sailboats are made for a languid voyage travelling at an average speed of 10 knots per hour. One can experience an adrenaline rush as the sail catch the wind pushing the vessel forward to one’s next destination.
Well, now you know which yacht charter option to choose. Next, check out the places to include in your Lefkas sailing itinerary.
Yacht Charter Guide to Lefkas – Places you should visit
- Corfu comes as a popular choice in a Lefkas yacht charter. Nyrtiotissa and Nissaki are two famous beach spots for consideration as you pass by.
- Paxi has a mythical legend behind its foundation. It used to be Corfu’s part but Poseidon, the Sea God, tore it apart with his vicious trident so that he gets some serenity. If you’re looking for a peaceful vacation, you can only get in aboard a yacht charter.
- On the east of Lefkas lays the ideal Rouda Bay. It has a number of Greek taverns, narrow alleys, traditional houses built on wooded slopes above. It does prove to be an ideal afternoon halt for any yacht charter. Mikros Gialos is a beautiful sandy white pebbled-beach which has clear waters that change colors from blue to stark green making it the perfect spot for snorkelling and swimming.
- Vassiliki is a port town which situates to the southwest of Lefkas and attracts numerous tourists for its emerald coloured Ionian water shores. It has a soothing atmosphere which blends really well with the vibrant quayside bars. July and August are particularly busy times when the town comes alive. Taking of activities, this place is perhaps one of the most popular destinations for windsurfing. Moor and Pondi are two of the anchoring spots favoured by any Lefkas yacht charter.
Therefore, this holiday season, why don’t you think of visiting the place of Homer and Odyssey just to start off in a new traveling way? Hopefully, this Yacht Charter Guide to Lefkas will help!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GETTING MORE DETAILS AND SPECIAL OFFERS ABOUT YACHT CHARTER IN LEFKAS, CONTACT OUR CHARTER MANAGERS:
Some error has occured.
It’s time to book your #bvicatamarancharter with @yourboatholiday ⛵️🌴🐬 #britishvirginislandsyachtcharter #britishvirginislandsyachtrental #bviyachtcharter #bviyachtrental #bviyachtcharters #bviyachtrentalsFebruary 7, 2020
Sail Your Way through the Saronic Islands to Refresh Your Spirit!February 7, 2020
Embrace Lifetime Caribbean Experiences chartering a yacht in GrenadaJanuary 29, 2020
Taste the enchanting atmosphere of the Amalfi Coast aboard MY Lutetia this summer #amalfiyachtcharter #yachtcharteramalfi #rentyachtamalfi #amalfiboatrental #amalfiboatrentals #boatrentalamalfi #motoryachtamalfi #luxuryyachtamalfi #yachtrentalamalfi #yachtrentalsamalficoast #amalficoastyachtcharterJanuary 29, 2020
Share this Post