When you think about a yacht charter in Sardinia, you can opt for any type of boat, charter, and experience. Sardinia, especially thanks to her Emerald Coast, is one of the most famous and requested sailing destinations of the West Mediterranean. The price for chartering a yacht in Sardinia depends on many factors: the type of boat, the period of the year, and duration of the charter, the dimension of the vessel, and so on.
If you want to know more about and avoid any surprises, read carefully the article. In the meantime, start having a look at boats and prices to rent a boat in Sardinia using the link below:
Sardinia ensures you the ideal weather to sail from the beginning of May to the end of September. Not only sunny and warm days at sea but also windy atmosphere, while you cruise from the Maddalena Archipelago to Corsica, crossing the Bonifacio Strait.
There are so many sample itineraries for sailing in Sardinia you can choose from:
- The Emerald Coast;
- North Sardinia (Olbia, Porto Cervo, etc) and Corsica;
- Cagliari, Villasimius and the Southern Area,
- Sant’Antioco, Carloforte
So many itineraries and a wide selection of sailing and motorboats to choose from, also in terms of price. If it’s the first time you are planning a boat charter, you’re in safe hands: define with your crew the dates and duration of the vacation, the number of people, and approximate budget to allow us to propose to you the most appropriate yachts and prices for chartering a boat in Sardinia.
All you have to know about prices to rent a yacht in Sardinia
If you travel around Sardinia or you are planning your next vacation there and you’d like to rent a yacht, keep in mind the below steps to select the best yacht, respecting your budget and having the best price on market:
- Define the charter period and duration in terms of days, select the type of boat (Motoryacht, catamaran, or sailboat), price range, number of people;
- Usually, charters have a minimum period of 7 days. Catamarans and sailboats have fixed dates from Saturday to Saturday, while motorboats have more flexibility in terms of bookings;
- The sailing yachts and the catamarans can be rented with skipper, fully crewed or in bareboat;
- You can decide the itinerary (always respecting the weather and sea conditions, as per the captain’s discretion). When you rent a boat for the day, we’d be pleased to suggest the best sailing routes to reach all the not-to-be-missed spots;
What type of boat better accommodates you
Here’s the type of yachts you can choose from for a sailing vacation:
- Motor yacht
Obviously, each type of boat has its own pros and cons. It would depend on how many days you spend aboard, what type of comforts you are looking for, the number of guests if it’s a family charter, and your preferences. Share with our Charter Managers your thoughts, previous experiences, and dream vacation to propose to you all the best options in Sardinia, with related costs and prices for charter a yacht.
If you have previous (and good) sailing experiences and resume, and a valid sailing license, you can rent the boat without a skipper. Keep always in mind that in Italy usually sailboats and catamarans can be rented without skipper up to 50/55 feet. While a motor yacht always comes with a crew aboard.
Some error has occured.
What type of charter are you looking for?
To propose the ideal boat for your sailing holidays, respecting the budget and crew’s requests, decide the type of charter: do you need a skipper or not? Are you renting a fully crewed yacht to receive the 5-star service you deserve?
Here are the types of charter you can opt for when you rent a boat:
- Fully crewed charter (captain + crew)
- Boat with skipper (bareboat + skipper)
- Bareboat charter (without skipper)
- Cabin charter (shared)
A yacht with a full crew has stable members that work constantly aboard all the season/year around. The crew is usually composed of more than one member: the Captain, the hostess/cook, or captain deckhand and hostess/cook for up to 20 meters (65 feet) yacht. The number of crew members depends on the yacht’s feet, so the bigger is the yacht, the greater the number of crew members.
A bareboat charter is when you rent a yacht without a captain because you or one of your friends has the sailing license (or if it’s not required in your country of origin, you already have enough sailing experience to drive the boat by yourself). On the other hand, all the boats available in the bareboat can also be rented with a captain, hiring a skipper that can drive the boat for you. The skippers just drive the boat and take care of the external cleaning. If you are looking for more dedicated services, as internal cleaning, chef aboard, etc, then you can add a hostess or a cook.
A cabin charter is synonymous with a shared charter, usually available aboard gullets: you rent your cabin and the boat comes with other people.
Recommended: Sardinia yacht charter itinerary
Yacht charter prices Sardinia
And now, let’s talk about money: what is the real cost to rent a yacht in Sardinia?
The charter rate of a boat charter in Sardinia is the cost of renting the boat. The expenses are always on top, so fuel, moorings, food, and drinks are not included in the price.
In this post we deepen how much it costs to rent a boat in Sardinia, the estimated prices, extra costs depending on the type of yacht your are chartering (motorboat, catamaran, sailboat), and type of charter (yachting with a crew or without) to allow all our customers to perfectly understand how much is it to charter a yacht in Sardinia.
Below the complete list of the costs you incur when you charter a boat in Sardinia:
- The price of the yacht
- V.A.T. (On top of the charter rate and that it’s usually 22% in Italy. In some cases there is reducted V.A.T. for fully crewed yachts over 20 meters)
- Extras (Fuel, food, drinks, moorings, etc)
- A.P.A. (The Advanced Provisioning Allowance to be added on crewed charters)
- Security deposit (To be added on bareboat charters for sailboats and catamarans)
- The tips for the crew (At the discretion of the client)
How much to charter a bareboat and crewed boat in Sardinia
The cost to rent a yacht in Sardinia depends on many aspects: the boat you choose, if you need crew or not, the season, and the duration of the charter.
We set 3 macro-groups for the approximate price (and differences) per type of charter:
- Fully crewed yacht charter Sardinia prices
- Bareboat charter Sardinia prices
- Rent yacht with skipper in Sardinia prices
How much to charter a crewed yacht in Sardinia?
A fully crewed yacht is for sure the first-class charter you can dedicate to your self: the crew takes care of all your necessities, with confidentiality and professionalism. In this case, the rate includes the cost of the crew, while the tips are not included (on the contract, it’s written the % recommended if you are satisfied with the services, that could be around 10% but always up to the client).
Here’s a summary of the cost to rent a yacht in Sardinia: the charter rate includes the use of the boat for the booked dates and the crew’s services. In some cases (if specified in the contract or negotiated through Your Boat Holiday) also moorings at the base could be included. The expenses are covered and anticipated by the A.P.A. that is the Advanced Provisioning Allowance, used for fuel, ports, food, drinks, etc, and the V.A.T. which is on top of the price of the boat.
Bareboat charter prices Sardinia: how much does it cost to rent a yacht in Sardinia without a skipper?
When you enjoy a boat charter in Sardinia without a skipper or crew, the price includes the use of the boat for the booked period and the extras are up to you. The costs to be added are the marinas, fuel, food, and drinks.
- The cost of a catamaran under 50 feet without a skipper in Sardinia could be between 5.000,00 and 10.000,00 EUR per week + expenses.
- The cost of a sailboat under 50 feet without a skipper in Sardinia could be between 3.000,00 and 10.000,00 EUR per week + expenses.
- The motor yachts are available only with the captain and crew aboard.
How much to charter a boat in Sardinia
And so: how much to hire a yacht in Sardinia?
A motor yacht in Sardinia can have, more or less, the below charter rates:
- Yacht charter prices in Sardinia for motorboat up to 50 feet: 5.000,00 EUR / 15.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Prices in Sardinia for renting a motor yacht from 50 to 80 feet: 15.000,00 USD / 40.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Prices to charter yacht in Sardinia from 80 to 120 feet: 35.000,00 EUR / 100.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Rates to charter yacht in Sardinia from 120 to 150 feet: 90.000,00 USD / 150.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Prices for chartering a motor yacht in Sardiniafrom 150 feet and over: 150.000,00 EUR and up per week + extras
Want to know more about the A.P.A.? Check what is the Advanced Provisioning Allowance in yacht charter clicking here
Catamaran charter prices Sardinia
You can rent a catamaran in Sardinia in bareboat, with skipper or fully crewed. Catamarans have a minimum of 4 cabins (just a few of the owner versions have 3 cabins instead of 4). As for the others, the price of the catamaran charter in Sardinia always depends on the period of the year, the feet, year of built, comforts and equipment, and so on. The newer the catamaran is, the more comfortable, and equipped, the greater would be the price to charter it, having obviously the guarantee of a top-level boat, with high performances and services.
Now let’s have a look at the approximate charter prices for catamaran charter in Sardinia:
- Catamaran charter prices in Sardinia from 38 to 42 feet: 4.000,00 EUR/ 10.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Charter prices for catamaran in Sardinia from 42 to 44 feet: 6.000,00 EUR / 12.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Sardinia prices for catamarans from 45 to 50 feet: 8.000,00 EUR / 15.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Catamaran prices in Sardinia from 50 to 60 feet: 12.000,00 EUR / 30.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Catamaran charter prices in Sardinia from 60 feet and up :30.000,00 EUR and up per week + extras
From 45 feet (13 meters) usually, the prices could appear higher because starting this dimension the multihull has the fly-bridge that assures his guests more external space to chill and enjoy, which is for sure a plus during a boat charter.
Don’t forget that on top of the charter rate you always have to apply the expenses, that depends on the dimension of the boat and are split into mandatory and optional extras.
Mandatory extras usually on top of catamaran charter price in Sardinia:
- Final Cleaning;
- Gas bottle;
- Bed linen and towels;
Optional extras that could be added on the price of the catamaran charter:
- Outboard engine for the dinghy;
- Beach towels;
- Hostess / Stewart;
- Cook / Chef;
- SUP and water toys;
- Transfers from/to airport;
- Refundable deposit;
Rent sailing boat price in Sardinia
If you are passionate about tranquility and silence, a monohull is a good choice for you and your group! Starting from 10 meters and up, you can rent a sailboat in bareboat, with skipper, and fully crewed.
Check the below prices for charters aboard sailing yachts in Sardinia:
- Sailboat charter prices in Sardinia from 38 to 42 feet: 2.500,00 EUR/ 6.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Charter prices sailboat in Sardinia from 42 to 44 feet: 4.000,00 EUR / 8.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Sardinia sailboat charter prices from 45 to 50 feet: 5.000,00 EUR / 15.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Prices for sailboats in Sardinia from 50 to 60 feet: 12.000,00 EUR / 35.000,00 EUR per week + extras
- Charter rates in Sardinia for sailboats from 60 feet and up: 35.000,00 EUR and up per week + extras
Mandatory extras usually on top of sailboat charter Miami price:
- Final Cleaning;
- Bottle of gas;
- Bed linen and towels;
Optional extras that usually can be added during your sailing charter in Miami aboard a monohull:
- Outboard engine for tender;
- Beach towels;
- SUP and other water toys;
- Transfers from/to airport;
- Refundable deposit;
Payment, taxes, and charter terms
The payment terms for charters in Sardinia (and in most of the worldwide destinations) are as follows:
- 50% of the Charter Rate upon contract signatures;
- Balance (remaining 50%) within 30 days before the embarkation;
In the case of a crewed luxury yacht charter, the A.P.A. is due together with the balance, so within one month before you embark.
Rarely it’s required to pay the 30% upon confirmation and 70% within 45 days before.
Special offers and discounts on yacht charter prices in Sardinia
Don’t miss ALL the exclusive offers and discounts for charter a yacht in Sardinia this summer:
- Early bookings discounts
- Last-minute discounts
- Long period (from 10 days and more) discounts
- YBH special discounts
Let’s start talking about early booking discounts: how to get it?
When you confirm and book in advance a boat in Sardinia, you can receive an early booking discount up to 25% off, depending on when you sign and wire the fist amount due to hold the charter: obviously, the sooner you book, the higher discount you get on the rate. Let’s take an example, if you book 12 months before the beginning of the charter, you surely get higher discounts.
On the other hand, if you like to wait until the end to book your yacht charter in Sardinia, then the last-minute option is waiting for you! Booking a few days before the departure, you would choose between the boats that are still available, so the variety available will certainly be limited. That’s why Your Boat Holiday strongly recommends checking the availabilities and proposals in advance, in order to exactly suit your wishes!
Renting a yacht from 10 but preferably for 14 days, you usually gain the prolonged period discounts: in this case, we negotiate with the owner of the yacht to apply a discount % on the second week or in some cases, on the whole period. Mostly, the deal starts from 5% up to 15%.
N.B.: Discounts are not combinable.
Your Boat Holiday is glad to apply exclusive discounts and special deals to her new and repetitive clients, reserving top-level 360 assistance onboard first-class yachts. Book now your boat charter in Sardinia!
CONTACT NOW OUR CHARTER MANAGERS AND RECEIVE MORE INFO ABOUT YACHT CHARTER PRICES IN SARDINIA:
Some error has occured.
What is the Situation of the World’s Main Charter Destinations? Here is what we have discovered so far.April 10, 2021
Are you Dreaming of a Romantic Getaway in the Seychelles? A Boat Itinerary from Mahe is the one for you!April 9, 2021
Ready for a Dream Called British Virgin Islands? Jump on a Boat and Follow our Route from Road Town!April 8, 2021
From Provence to Occitanie: Do you know the French Mediterranean coast? Find it out with a boat itinerary departing from Marseille!April 7, 2021
Share this Post