Most of the people when thinking about Italy, immediately start to imagine the colorful and stunning landscapes of the Amalfi Coast: after all, how can we not associate such a unique place in the world with a wonderful country like Italy?
The best period for renting a boat on the Amalfi Coast is from May to September. The climate is typically the Mediterranean with temperatures between 25 and 30 degrees for the summer season.
How much does it cost to rent a yacht in Amalfi?
The Amalfi Coast is easily accessible by plane, landing directly in Naples or also in Rome that is one hour and a half driving distance. Alternatively, if you are already traveling around Italy, you can reach the Amalfi Coast, by train or renting a car. Our services include free of charge assistance for transfers from/to airports or hotel to the marinas and all the best recommendations to customize any details of your charter and trip around the area.
You can opt for many itineraries while in the Amalfi Coast:
– Day tours in Capri or Sorrento or Positano or Ischia;
– 7 days charter in the Amalfi Coast;
– 1 week sailing around the Pontine Islands and Amalfi Coast;
– Sicily and Amalfi Coast (10 or 14 days charters);
All you have to know about yacht rental prices Amalfi Coast
If you are in the Amalfi Coast or if you are starting plan your next trip there, don’t forget all the below steps to select the best boat and respect your budget for Amalfi Coast yacht charter:
- When? Decide the period and dates of your charter.
- What? Select the type of boat (motor yacht, sailboat or catamaran).
- Who? How many people will join the party (adults and kids)?
- How much? Set a budget for your boat rental and talk with your Charter Manager about all your needs and preferences.
Check the type of boats you can choose from for your next sailing experience in the Amalfi Coast:
- Motor yacht
Depending on boat capacity (for cruising and for sleeping) you could evaluate different models of yachts. Usually, the number of people for cruising is higher then for sleeping: if you are interested in a day charter, usually in the Mediterranean most of the boats have maximum number aboard for 12 people; for sleeping it would depend on the number of cabins (2 people per cabin).
To give you an idea:
- Catamarans usually have minimum of 4 cabins (there are few owner versions with 3 cabins);
- Motoryachts up to 80 feet usually have from 2 to 4 cabins;
- Sailboat start from 1 cabin around 30 feet up to 6 cabins around 65 feet;
Some error has occured.
What do you mean when we talk about “type of charter”? We are referring to crewed, skippered or bareboat.
Here are the types of the charter we are talking about:
- Crewed (captain + crew)
- Skippered (bareboat + skipper)
- Bareboat (without skipper)
- Cabin (shared)
Related: Amalfi Coast sailing guide
A fully crewed yacht has a stable crew aboard that works all the season/year around on the same yacht. The staff is usually composed of more than one member: so, for example, captain and deckhand and in addition also the hostess/cook. The number of members always depends on the yacht’s standards and its dimension.
Bareboat charter means chartering the boat without the skipper. Most of the time, all the boats available in the bareboat can be rented also with a captain. So if you are not experienced or you are not able to drive a boat, hire a skipper that will take care of it. The duties of the skipper are to drive the boat and clean it externally.
A cabin charter is when you share the boat with other people, renting just your cabin (usually available aboard gulets and catamarans).
Now, let’s talk about it. What is the real cost to rent a yacht on the Amalfi Coast?
The charter rate is the cost of renting the boat. The VAT and the expenses, like, fuel, moorings, food, and drinks, are on top of the charter rate.
In this article, our Charter Managers tell you in-depth how much it costs to rent a boat in the Amalfi Coast, with all the related details and things to know, in order to avoid any type of surprises. The estimated prices, extras, and expenses depending on the type of yacht (motorboat, multihull, and monohull) and type of charter (see above).
Below ALL the costs and expenses to take in consideration when you charter a boat in the Amalfi Coast:
- Charter rate (the price of the yacht)
- VAT (to add on top of the charter rate and that it’s between and 8% and 22%)
- Expenses / Extras (fuel, food, drinks, ports, etc)
- APA (to be added on crewed charters)
- Cautional deposit (to be added on bareboat charters)
- Crew tips (at the discretion of the client)
The cost to rent a yacht in Amalfi depends on the type of boat you choose, if you rent it with or withour crew, the seasonal period and the number of days.
We can set three categories for the approximate prices (and differences) per types of charter:
- Fully crewed yacht charter Amalfi Coast prices
- Bareboat charter Amalfi Coast prices
- Rent yacht with skipper in Amalfi Coast prices
How much to charter a fully crewed yacht in the Amalfi Coast?
A fully crewed sailing or power yacht is the top level charter you can select when you hire a yacht in the Amalfi Coast: the staff (that can be composed by the skipper, the deckhand, the hostess and/or the chef and so on) takes care of all your needs. Usually the charter price in Amalfi already includes the cost of the crew; on the other hand, the crew tips is not included (on the contract you can find the percentage recommended to the customers, that it’s usually the 10%).
So, let’s resume the costs to charter yacht in the Amalfi Coast: the rate includes the use of the boat for the rented period, the crew’s services and in some cases also mooring at the yacht’s main base. The extras are covered/anticipated by the A.P.A. (Advanced Provisioning Allowance) and the VAT, that is actually 8%, 11% or 22% on top the price of the boat.
Bareboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast: how much does it cost to rent a yacht?
When you rent a boat without skipper / crew, the charter rate includes the use of the boat for the booked period, while fuel, docking, food and drinks are at your expense.
Below a quick idea of the approximate prices for bareboat charterts, always depending on the season, year of built, equipment, comforts, etc:
- The cost of a catamaran under 50 feet without skipper in the Amalfi Coast could be between 2.000,00 and 12.000,00 Euro per week + expenses.
- The cost of a sailboat under 50 feet without skipper in Amalfi could be between 1.000,00 and 8.000,00 Euro per week + expenses.
How much to charter a boat in the Amalfi Coast
How much does it cost to charter a boat in Amalfi Coast? Yacht rental price Amalfi depends on the model, feet and year of built of the boat; the crew members and services aboard; the period and duration of the rental; the cruising speed and itinerary you enjoy and the equipment/comforts you require aboard.
And so: how much to hire a yacht in Amalfi?
A motor yacht in the Amalfi Coast can have approximately the following charter prices:
- Prices to charter yacht in the Amalfi Coast up to 50 feet: 5.000,00 Euro / 15.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Prices to charter yacht in Amalfi Coast from 50 to 80 feet: 15.000,00 Euro / 45.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Prices to charter yacht in Amalfi Coast from 80 to 120 feet: 40.000,00 Euro / 100.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Prices to charter yacht in Amalfi Coast from 120 to 150 feet: 100.000,00 USD / 250.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Prices to charter yacht in Amalfi Coast from 150 feet and over: 250.000,00 Euro and up per week + extras
Motor boats in the Amalfi Coast can be rented with skipper, and in most of the cases, fully crewed. For crewed charter is always required the A.P.A. that stands for Advanced Provisioning Allowance.
Want to know more about? Check what is the A.P.A. in yacht charter clicking here
Catamaran charter prices Amalfi Coast
When you charter a catamaran in the Amalfi Coast, you can rent it in bareboat, with skipper or with crew. All over the world, most of the catamarans have 4 cabins (while few catamaran owner versions can have 3 cabins instead of 4). Like the other types of charter, the price of catamaran charter in Amalfi Coast, depends on many things, like the charter dates, the model of the boat (feet, year of built, comforts and equipments), etc. The more the catamaran is new, equipped and comfortable, the greater the cost to charter it, always having the guarantee of a vessel of first level, with high performances and services aboard.
The approximate prices of catamaran charter in the Amalfi Coast:
- Catamaran charter prices in Amalfi Coast from 38 to 42 feet: 3.000,00 Euro/ 7.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Catamaran charter prices in Amalfi Coast from 42 to 44 feet: 5.000,00 Euro / 12.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Catamaran charter prices in Amalfi Coast from 45 to 50 feet: 8.000,00 Euro / 15.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Catamaran charter prices in Amalfi Coast from 50 to 60 feet: 12.000,00 Euro / 30.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Catamaran charter prices in Amalfi Coastfrom 60 feet and up: 30.000,00 Euro and up per week + extras
Starting from 42 feet usually the catamaran prices are higher, thanks to the external spaces and great comforts aboard.
On top of the charter price you always have to apply the extras, that would depend on the dimension of the boat and are splitted in mandatory and optional costs.
Read below to get all the informations about the extras when you rent a catamaran in Amalfi:
Mandatory extras (usually) on top of catamaran charter price in Amalfi:
- End Cleaning / Charter Pack;
- Bottle of gas;
- Bed linen and towels;
Optional extras (that could be added during your catamaran charter in the Amalfi Coast):
- Outboard engine for the dinghy;
- Beach towels;
- Hostess / Stewart;
- Cook / Chef;
- SUP and water toys;
- Transfers from/to airport;
- Refundable deposit;
Rent sailing boat Amalfi Coast prices
If you are passionate about silence, relaxation, and tranquility, then a monohull is the right choice for your group! From 30 feet and up, you can opt for bareboat, skippered and fully crewed charters aboard monohulls.
Read the below approximate prices for charters aboard sailing yachts in Amalfi:
- Sailboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast from 38 to 42 feet: 1.500,00 Euro / 4.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Sailboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast from 42 to 44 feet: 3.000,00 Euro / 8.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Sailboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast from 45 to 50 feet: 3.000,00 Euro / 8.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Sailboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast from 50 to 60 feet: 8.000,00 Euro / 15.000,00 Euro per week + extras
- Sailboat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast from 60 feet and up: 15.000,00 Euro and up per week + extras
Mandatory extras (usually) on top of sailboat charter prices in Amalfi:
- Final Cleaning;
- Bottle of gas;
- Bed linen and towels;
Optional extras that usually can be added during your sailing charter in the Amalfi Coast aboard monohull:
- Outboard engine for tender;
- Beach towels;
- SUP and other water toys;
- Transfers from/to airport;
- Refundable deposit;
Payment, taxes and charter terms
The payment terms for charters in the Amalfi Coast are as follows:
- 50% of the Charter Rate upon signatures;
- Balance within 30 days before the embarkation;
In case of crewed luxury charter, the A.P.A. is due together with the balance (or maximum within 10 days before the embarkation), so within one month before the departure.
Alternatively, in other cases, it’s required to pay the 30% upon confirmation and the 70% within 45 days before.
Recommended: Amalfi Coast sailing itineraries
Special offers and discounts for charter a yacht in Amalfi
Don’t miss the exclusive offers and discounts on yacht charter prices Amalfi Coast:
- Early bookings discounts on Amalfi Coast charter prices
- Last minute discounts for Amalfi boat charter prices
- Prolonged period discounts on Amalfi yacht rental prices
- YBH discounts prices Amalfi yacht
Let’s start with the early booking discounts for boat charter prices in the Amalfi Coast: how to get it?
When you book in advance a boat in the Amalfi Coast, Italy, your broker will apply an early booking discount up to 25% off, depending on when you confirm the charter: usually, the sooner you book, the higher discount you get.
If you’d like to wait until the end to book your Amalfi Coast yacht charter, then the last minute option is the one for you! Reserving your charter just before the beginning of it, it does not assure you rent exactly the ideal boat for your group. That’s why Your Boat Holiday always recommend our clients to check the availabilities in advance, in order to exactly accomplish their wishes!
Renting a yacht in the Amalfi Coast more than 7 days, usually starting from 10 but preferably for 2 weeks, you will have access to the prolonged period discounts: in this case the owner of the yacht will apply a discount % on the second week or in some cases, on both the weeks. Usually the prolonged period deal starts from 5% up to the 15%.
Important note: In most of the cases, discounts are not combinable.
Your Boat Holiday is pleased to reserve exclusive discounts and special deals to new and repetitive customers, always assuring top level assistance and services on board first class yachts. Book now your boat charter in the Amalfi Coast!
CONTACT NOW OUR CHARTER MANAGERS TO GET MORE INFORMATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT PRICES AND COST FOR BOATS CHARTERS IN THE AMALFI COAST:
Some error has occured.
Uncover the Mysteries of the Aegean with Cyclades Islands CruiseJune 26, 2020
Ionian Islands Cruise: A Sun-Basked Voyage through History and TranquillityApril 30, 2020
Exploring Sicily: Pamper Yourself with the Most Breath-Taking Cruise EverMarch 16, 2020
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Amalfi?March 13, 2020
Share this Post